I don’t bake desserts unless absolutely necessary or in a very strange mood. That means we turn to pre packaged snacks when we have the munchies. It’s not an easy task though to find yummy snacks that my daughter will love to eat and that are healthy enough that I want to feed my girls.
Animal crackers is one snack I like to keep on hand though for snacking at home and in my classroom when I need a little something to finish off the day. My other favorite snack is peanut butter flavored cookies. So when I heard about Barbara’s Bakery and their animal crackers (Snackimals), I just knew I wanted to try them. They compare the best of all worlds – animal crackers, peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla, and snickerdoodle. How awesome is that?!?
So I was thrilled when Barbara’s Bakery agreed to send me their two newest flavors of Snackimals – Peanut Butter and Double Chocolate! SCORE! I was anxious to try them as soon as they arrived, but waited until both of my daughter’s were home so we could all three try them. It almost killed me to wait.
Finally we were all sitting around watching a movie and my youngest started
whining err…talking about how she was hungry. I went to find her something to eat and caught eye of the Snackimals. This was the time! I divided out some of the peanut butter cookies and in the living room with three cups of milk I went.
My youngest immediately proclaimed, “These taste like Nutter Butters!” Yep, the flavor of the peanut butter Snackimals is distinct and yummy! After the first bite, she started checking out the animals and proclaiming, “Look Mom it’s a Monkey!” “Look at the Elephant!” A definite hit with the youngest daughter.
The oldest daughter wasn’t as vocal, but within minutes she was ready for seconds. In fact, I probably shouldn’t admit this, but it wasn’t long until we had finished that bag of peanut butter Snackimals so I had to break out the double chocolate ones as well. Yea, we totally ruined our dinner, but it was so worth it. I even got really creative and dunked a chocolate and peanut butter one at the same time and ate it at the same time. WOW!
We are having a jungle themed baby shower for my oldest daughter next month, and I’ve already went to look to see where I can buy Barbara’s Bakery items including the Snackimals close to home. We had planned to serve animal crackers to go along with our theme, and now those animal crackers will be Snackimals.
About Barbara’s Bakery:
Barbara, then 17, found her calling in real food and opened a small natural bakery in Northern California. She had a simple plan—make wholesome food taste incredibly delicious. Inspired by good health, family, and the kitchen table as the cornerstones of the good life, she used whole grains and oats just as nature intended—free from anything artificial. Barbara selected her ingredients carefully to allow vital vitamins and minerals to do their best to impart their healthy benefits.We carry on Barbara’s commitment to create the best-tasting natural products free of artificial preservatives and ingredients, hydrogenated oils, and refined white sugar.
When the whole family roars for a sweet snack, we want them to have the best-tasting and most natural cookies around. Our Snackimals, made with the highest quality ingredients, keep all the nostalgia of your favorite animal cookies without all the artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or trans fats. Perfect for these dietary needs: 100% natural, Dairy Free, Low Sodium, Cholesterol Free, Kosher, Vegetarian, and Made with Organic Ingredients. Available in the following flavors: Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Wheat Free Oatmeal, and Snickerdoodle.
Win one back of Snackimals Peanut Butter and one bag of Snackimals Double Chocolate cookies!
MAIN ENTRY – This will be verified and must be completed for bonus entries to be considered valid.
Want to increase your odds? Check out these ways to gain extra entries. For each one that you complete, you MUST leave another comment. There are lots of ways so you can have some really good odds! Check it out!
- Like Barbara’s Bakery on Facebook. Give them a Shout Out and telling them you’ve entered to win over here. I’m sure they’d love to know about your excitement about their product. (10 entries /leave 10 comments) If your Facebook name is different than the name you are listing here, please leave it for verification.
- Follow Barbara’s Bakery on Twitter. (5 entries/leave 5 comments) Leave your Twitter ID for verification purposes.
- Sign up for the Barbara’s Bakery Newsletter. Leave the email address you signed up with if different than the email address you leave in the comment form. (5 entries/leave 5 comments)
- Subscribe to my email feed. Look over on the right and enter your email address. Subscription must be confirmed for entry to count. (Current subscribers you can gain an entry too!) (3 entries /leave 3 comments)
- Subscribe to A Novel Mind and/or Our Magic Kitchen. Subscription will be confirmed before prize awarded. (3 entries per subscription / leave 3 comments for each subscription)
- Follow A Novel Mind, Southern Girl Reviews, or Our Magic Kitchen on Networked Blogs. There’s a box on the right side to follow Southern Girl Reviews. (3 entries per follow/leave 3 comments for each follow) If your Facebook name is different than the name you are listing here, please leave it for verification.
- Like A Novel Mind, Southern Girl Reviews, or Our Magic Kitchen on Facebook. (3 entries per/leave 3 comments for each like). If your Facebook name is different than the name you are listing here, please leave it for verification.
- Publicly follow Southern Girl Reviews or Our Magic Kitchen on Google Friend Connect (box on the right sidebar). (3 entries per follow/leave 3 comments for each follow)
- Blog about this contest linking to this post (10 entries/10 comments). Leave the URL to the blog post.
- Leave a relevant comment on any other post here or at A Novel Mind or Our Magic Kitchen. (Up to 10). Leave a link or the post title to each post that you commented on in this post.
- Click the “Like” button at the bottom of this post. (3 entries/leave 3 comments) If your Facebook name is different than the name you are listing here, please leave it for verification.
- Click the +1 Button at the bottom of this post. (3 entries/leave 3 comments)
- Stumble any post on Southern Girl Reviews. (3 entries/leave 3 comments) Leave the post and your stumble user id for verification purposes.
- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet this contest using the phrase below or something simliar that includes @TexasSingleMom as many times as you like: (UNLIMITED! Must have at least 3 hours between tweets, 50 followers, and comment each time with a link to the tweet). Leave your Twitter name in the comment.
@TexasSingleMom #Giveaway: Win a @BarbarasBakery Snackimals Gift Pack full of yummy healthy snacks http://southerngirlreviews.com/snackimals-animal-cookies/ Ends 8/24
Contest ends August 24 at midnight CST. Winner will be selected using the And the Winner Is WordPress Plugin. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to contact me with mailing address. At the end of 48 hours, if no contact has been made a new winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: I was provided with Snackimals Peanut Butter and Double Chocolate cookies to facilitate my review and Barbara’s Bakery will also provide cookies to one winner. All opinions expressed on this website are my own unless specified as a guest post or quote from another source.